Happy New Year!
Cheers for a mild winter so far and a bright outlook for 2023!
Here are my goals:
- Read more. My Google spreadsheet lists nearly 100 books I read/ listened to while walking in 2022 (I use my library’s Libby app). Raising the bar is ambitious but exciting.
2. Take more time for family/friends. Meals together, travel, play games, picnics, hikes – whatever is possible to raise our levels of happiness in being together.
3. Keep writing. Two books in 2022 were published with my name – Born To Be Soldiers: Those Plucky Women of WWII (February); Voices From Vietnam: Stories of War (September). Can that pace be maintained in 2023? At least one title can be expected, probably on military matters.
4. Walk most days. My daily goal: 10,000+ steps. Better sleep, focus and health are compelling benefits from this habit!
5. Get the word out even more about our brave military folks. Working with a national group called OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute), I presented 47 zoom talks about women of WWII, prisoners of war, WWII Tour of Europe and more in 2022. I also was privileged to speak on radio, in-person on dozens of occasions. Many of these venues have asked me to return this year and I’ve agreed to do so but on a smaller scale.
In a few months I’ve accepted an offer to speak for a middle school about WWII vets. I can’t wait to inspire kids with examples of courage, sacrifice, and patriotism.
Learn more about the World War II and Vietnam War vets in my books by following me on social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter. Most days a vet will be featured, along with his/her Theater of Operation/ branch/ years of service.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel to listen to 1-3 min videos of vets telling about their service.
Here is a special 40-min video of a 100-year-old Army nurse telling about her service in Europe. Fascinating!
What were your resolutions for 2023?
I hope you will show your patriotism by thanking vets wherever you go and learning about our nation’s history and the people who have protected her.