This post honors the World War II veterans I’ve interviewed who were deceased in 2019. Each death is a great loss for our nation. For those included in books I’ve published the titles are included. Thanks to all of these men and women who served our country in its time of great need. Photos follow the names. The books are available on Amazon.
- William Abram—Fort Wayne, Indiana, Army, Pacific
- Robert Arbuckle –Noblesville, Indiana, Navy, Cuba
- Mel Arnold –Fort Wayne, Navy, Pacific
- Ruth Austin— McComb, Ohio, Army nurse corps, United States
- Fred Bieberich—Decatur, Indiana, Marines, Pacific
- Ken Bosworth—Portland, Indiana, Marines, Pacific
- Frances Bushong—Decatur, Navy, Pacific (We Gave Our Best: American WWII Veterans Tell Their Stories)
- Vernon Byer—Markle Indiana, Army, Pacific
- Gaylord Conrad—Fort Wayne, Army, Pacific (They Did It for Honor: Stories of American WWII Veterans)
- Wanda Crouse—Fort Wayne, Navy Nurse Corps, United States
- Clairus Dew—Fort Wayne, Army Air Corps, Pacific (They Did It for Honor: Stories of American WWII Veterans)
- Robert Lee—Auburn, Indiana, Navy, United States
- Ralph Reighter—Fort Wayne, Army Air Corps, US
- Leo Scheer—Huntington, Indiana, Navy, Europe (We Fought to Win: American World War II Veterans Share Their Stories)
- Vaughan Whitworth–Roanoke, VA, Marines, Pacific (We Gave Our Best: American WWII Veterans Tell Their Stories)
Your interest and amazing foresight has resulted in these stories for . Thank you!
Jeanie: Thanks for your support. It’s much appreciated!